Comments on Detect Aggressive Voices With Sigard By Sound Intelligence
If you've been waiting for HAL to tell you to take a stress pill, your wait is over. (Read
the complete story)
|"Sigard has lots of practical applications:
* SIgard responds to aggressive sounds, irrespective of the level and nature of the background sound. This makes efficient and useful surveillance possible. SIgard provides an immediate alarm in case of streetfights, (sexual) assaults and various other cases of violence and/or panic.
* SIgard can be applied as a supplement to existing security systems in spaces of various dimensions. For example in airports and prison cells.
* Locations with specific acoustics such as car parks do not pose a problem for the application of SIgard.
* In public transport the staff are regularly faced with violent behavior and threatening situations, which are immediately registered and reported by SIgard.
* In locations where large numbers of people gather, SIgard reduces the need for preventive deployment of police personnel or security guards.
* SIgard can be used to detect panic attacks in (psychiatric) shelters and other special care institutions."
(Bill Christensen 11/25/2006 10:18:15 PM)
Get more information on Detect Aggressive Voices With Sigard By Sound Intelligence
Leave a comment:
Tediously, spammers have returned; if you have a comment, send it to bill at this site (include the story name) and I'll post it.
Another Soil Bacterium Eats Plastic
'...the plastic was dissolved before his eyes.'
reLive Memorial Come Back As A Tree
'It was time - time to go again. She touched the leaf. She was wanted.'
Engineered Living Building Materials
'... it was the cheapest building material known.'
Draw Circuits With Conductive Ink
'It's rewiring things... squeezing silver toothpaste in a ribbon along the printed circuitry.'
Arkangel: Automatic Visual Censoring
It's whatever the Party says it is, Winston.
NASA Competition To Design A Bucket Drum For Moon Mining
'There was a heap of discarded ore where Grantline had carted and dumped it...'
Medical Assistant Robot May Roam The Halls Of Hospitals
'Take care, sir.'
No Autonomous Trucks? Wait, What?
'...it resembled conventional human-operated transportation vehicles, but with one exception -- there was no driver's cabin.'
As Big As A Biltong - World's Largest 3D Printer
'Huge and old, it squatted in the center of the settlement park... On the concrete platform... lay a heap of originals to be duplicated.'
Drones Used To Smuggle Contraband Into Prison
'And some mega chip inside so it never runs into anything and no cop ever sees it.'
Are You Ready For Commercial Space Travel?
'It wasn't a pleasant trip; it was a miserable trip on a miserable, undersized tourist rocket...'
Amplified Nerves Lead To Mind-Controlled Prosthetic Hands
'The electrical impulses generated by your brain command everything...'
FlyCroTug Micro Drones Do Heavy Lifting
'It extended three of its tiny arms sideways to lock on...'
Virtual Whitney Houston In Concert
Robot Teaches Itself To Walk
'My whole idea is to get away from a machine with a set of prearranged instructions, and let them teach themselves by trial and error.'
DARPA's Subterranean Challenge
Let the machines explore the underground city!
FCC Asks For Feedback On Repeal Of Net Neutrality
'... the machines had been instructed to give them low priority.'
Airbnb Has Surveillance Device Suggestions
'Ma'am, this is Central Security... I think you'd better have a look.'
Prufrock The Newest Boring Machine
'It sounds to me as though you had invented a kind of metal earthworm...'
EVs To Be Made In ICE Detroit-Hamtramck Plant
'With hollow but immensely strong galvanically treated aluminum frames and pneumatic or cushion tires, they [can run] without recharging for several days.'