Comments on Detect Aggressive Voices With Sigard By Sound Intelligence
If you've been waiting for HAL to tell you to take a stress pill, your wait is over. (Read
the complete story)
|"Sigard has lots of practical applications:
* SIgard responds to aggressive sounds, irrespective of the level and nature of the background sound. This makes efficient and useful surveillance possible. SIgard provides an immediate alarm in case of streetfights, (sexual) assaults and various other cases of violence and/or panic.
* SIgard can be applied as a supplement to existing security systems in spaces of various dimensions. For example in airports and prison cells.
* Locations with specific acoustics such as car parks do not pose a problem for the application of SIgard.
* In public transport the staff are regularly faced with violent behavior and threatening situations, which are immediately registered and reported by SIgard.
* In locations where large numbers of people gather, SIgard reduces the need for preventive deployment of police personnel or security guards.
* SIgard can be used to detect panic attacks in (psychiatric) shelters and other special care institutions."
(Bill Christensen 11/25/2006 10:18:15 PM)
Get more information on Detect Aggressive Voices With Sigard By Sound Intelligence
Leave a comment:
Tediously, spammers have returned; if you have a comment, send it to bill at this site (include the story name) and I'll post it.
TytoCare Offers Futuristic Home Care
'Immediately an enormous apparatus fell on to her out of the ceiling...'
Powdered Regolith Propulsion
'... filling their great tanks with the finely divided dust which the ionic rockets would spit out in electrified jets.'
Ford's SafeCap, Opposite Of Niven and Barnes' Napcap
'In the napcap a client became an instant yoga master...'
Would You Get 'Chipped'? Michigan May Ban Employers
'Employees above a certain level were implanted with advanced microprocessors...'
Tesla Autopilot: What Does An Autonomous Car See When It Looks At The Road?
'Jeremiah is a sports-model to begin with and that kind is awfully hot-tempered.'
DNA Controls Swarms Of Molecular Robots
'They exist in loose swarms...'
Tether Asteroids To Save Us All
'If anything can glue the asteroids back into the planet they once were, magnology will do it.'
Blaux Your Personal Commuter Cooling Unit
A cooling unit had to be strapped to every commuter's back, by law.
3D Printed Damascus Steel Now Possible
'...lined with durite, that strange close-packed laboratory product.'
R9X Hellfire Missile With Long Blades Kills Queda Leader
'He was still roaring when the knife missile flicked past him...'
Would You Swallow An Origami Robot?
'Swallow it in an emergency--it goes down easily and works just as well inside as outside.'
Perhaps You Might Be Interested In Habitable Exoplanet Moon Real Estate
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Blurry Face Photos Made 60 Times Sharper
Perfect tool for blade runners.
SpaceX Will Build Floating Spaceports!
'...a single perfectly level platform, which rose so high above the water that it was not splashed by the waves.'
Fast Radio Bursts And Space Beacons For Interstellar Navigation
'Every beacon has a code signal as part of its radiation...'
Robot Garbage Trucks Visualized
'It was a bulky, shining cylinder over twenty metres long.'
Clarke Was Right, Artificial Intelligences DO Dream
'Of course you will dream. No one knows why."
Tesla Roadster Plus SpaceX Thrusters Equals Rocket Car
'The car surged and lifted...'
SunnyFive 'Window' Has Full Spectrum Angled Natural Light
'On the ceilings are screens.'
Rippling Fin Robot Drone Swims And Walks
'... the curious parallelism to animal motions, which was so striking and disturbing to the human beholder...'